The Greatest Gift Catalog Ever 2012 Program™
Section 1 - What is it?
The Greatest Gift Catalog Ever is sent out during the holiday season. The catalog looks roughly like a Lands End or Williams-Sonoma catalog, but instead of clothing, kitchen gadgets or other merchandise there are charitable giving opportunities. In a traditional holiday gift catalog you might find a sweater priced at $100 or an all in one slicer/grater/peeler kitchen gadget for $30. In The Greatest Gift Catalog Ever, you would find the opportunity to purchase happiness.
The Greatest Gift Catalog Ever allows the “shopper” to find 30 unique charitable giving opportunities from 15 great charities in Tarrant County. These gifts will make a meaningful difference in the community this holiday season. Created by local businessman and philanthropist Elliot Goldman and his wife Heather as a way to raise funds and awareness for local charities, the catalog will have gifts ranging in price from $10 to $5,000. Their goal was to have something in there for everyone. Purchases can be made online, by phone or by mail. Through the generous support of local foundations and corporations, 100% of the tax-deductible donations will go directly to the designated organizations. As an added bonus, every purchase from the catalog will just make you feel good inside.
Section 2 - What organizations are involved In Tarrant county 2012
|The Women’s Center
Gill Children's Services
CASA of Tarrant County
Kids Who Care
The Union Gospel Mission
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Tarrant County
Rocky Top Therapy
Child Study Center
Meals on Wheels
The Tarrant Area Food Bank
Cancer Care Services
Shared Community Benefit Foundation
Ronald McDonald House
North Inter-Community Agency
Section 3 - How will the public be made aware of TGGCE?
A comprehensive public awareness and distribution campaign will be launched by the Shared Community Benefit Foundation. The campaign will include a conventional and non-conventional media strategy and will be supported by the 15 organizations. The catalog will be distributed through area businesses, civic organizations, churches, as well as direct mail. The catalog will be available at over 250 locations in Tarrant County during the months of October, November and December. The current information and distribution plan will provide many opportunities to reach holiday shoppers.
Section 4 - What does it accomplish for the community?
The Greatest Gift Program Ever accomplishes many great things and is valuable to the charities, sponsors, distribution partners and community as a whole!
- It will raise money for these wonderful charities featured in the catalog and 100% of the funds go directly to the organizations.
- Because of the large distribution and exposure, it will bring in new dollars for the charities which are the most difficult kind to raise.
- It will be a great informational piece for the charities, allowing the community to find out about all the good work they are doing.
- It is one more way for the organizations to break through the holiday clutter.
- It will make those who need services aware of many resources available to them in the community.
- For the donor, it is a unique and easy way to make charitable contributions.
- The programs listed in the gift catalog are diverse and help meet many different needs in the community.
- For everyone who participates, it will Just Make You Feel Good Inside to help these organizations.
Section 6 - Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Shared Community Benefit Foundation?
A. The Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization founded to facilitate the program.
Q. How are the charities chosen?
A. The charities are chosen by a group of community leaders from the media, business and nonprofit world.
Q. Do 100% of the proceeds go directly to the charity?
100% of the donations made through the catalog go to the organizations. This is accomplished by the generous support of the underwriters and sponsors.
Q. Are all donation tax deductible?
A. Yes. All of the organizations in the gift catalog are 501c3 organizations and everyone will receive a gift acknowledgement.
Any questions, please feel free to call us at 817-922-8297